Re: [Tails-dev] preparing Tails 0.8

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] preparing Tails 0.8
08/30/2011 04:25 AM, intrigeri:
> I've been working a bit on the Tails 0.8 upcoming release.
> Here's a quick summary of recent news in our devel Git branch:

Due to popular demand (there's actually some people promoting Tails on
#i2p, but there's been much complaints about it being outdated) I've
upgraded i2p to the latest stable release (0.8 -> 0.8.8), and also moved
from the German Privacy Foundations packages [0] to those prepared by
KillYourTV in his/her PPA [1] (which are more or less official to my
understanding). Bonus: the packaging is of much higher quality. I also
fixed a potential issue with i2p starting before HTP starts (by making
i2p wait for HTP success) which can lead to clock skew/jump issues and
thus a non-working i2p (this despite 0.8.8 containing a supposed fix for
time jump/skews...).

See the feature/i2p-0.8.8 branch, which works at least as good as i2p in
Tails 0.7.2 according to my testing. I'd like this to be merged before
the release of Tails 0.8 and this shouldn't be much of a problem since
all changes are self-contained and only affect i2p.

Cheers!

[0] https://www.awxcnx.de/wabbel.htm (now defunct)
[1] https://launchpad.net/~i2p.packages/+archive/i2p