Re: [Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** group change on login

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: [Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** group change on login
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** group change on login
Hi,

> The easiest workaround I can see would be to add a line in
> /etc/sudoers for the amnesia user,

It would work to grant sudo credentials to the amnesia user, but it's
not enough: it would not make PolicyKit consider this user to be an
admin (see /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d/51-debian-sudo.conf),
which is at least as useful as sudoer status nowadays.

The suggested workaround should be completed by having the
PostLogin/Default script create a file named
/etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d/52-tails.conf, with following
content, iff. a admin password was provided:

[Configuration]
AdminIdentities=unix-user:1000

(Untested.)

Bye,