Re: [Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** [gsoc] tails-greeter progress rep…

Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** [gsoc] tails-greeter progress report
12.08.2011 21:42, bertagaz@??? пишет:

>>     use separate layouts for greeter and for user session - DONE.

> As we discussed on IRC, this is not a feature that appears to be
> interesting.
>
> The choosen layout *must* be applied automatically in the
> greeter when it is changed/chosen, without user intervention (i.e pressing
> ALT+SHIFT), so that users don't get fooled by forgetting or missing this
> step and are sure to use this layout when choosing the session password.
>
> If users wants another layout to type their password, then they must press
> ALT+SHIFT.

Let me summarize it to bring people in ML up-to-date.

There are 2 layouts:
1) greeter layout, switched via alt+shift
2) session layout, switched via combobox in UI

A. Right now they are completely independent e. g. switching 1) does not affect 2)
and vice versa.

B. As far as I understood bertagaz proposal - 1) should depend on 2) e. g. switching
2) will automatically trigger 1) but not vice versa.

In addition to those 2 opinions there are 3 more options:

C. 2) depend on 1), also one way
D. 1) depend on 2) and vice versa
E. always use 'us' as a default session layout and remove combobox for 2)

Which variant (A..E) looks best for you?
Maybe you could propose your own?

Please share your thoughts via emails or irc (max-gsoc).

Right now we have single vote for both A. and B. I'd like to gather more opinions
from TAILS devs and users before making any changes.

> Actually, v0.0.7 doesn't work for me. On installation, I get an error
> detected in line 67 of langpanel.py. Guess it's enough for you to find it.
> You should *really* test your release before sending such an email.

Doh!
Late night commits are evil.
Should be fixed now.

cheers,