Re: [Tails-dev] [gsoc] tails-greeter progress report

CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [gsoc] tails-greeter progress report
05.08.2011 23:25, bertagaz@??? пишет:

> As I understood, you were also supposed to upload a Debian package to your
> tails repo, which I can't find.

Sorry, forgot to push it.
Should be available now.

> Seems like intrigeri already proposed a workaround to this last week,
> please read again his answer to your report last week.

Just to get potential readers up-to-date: the idea is following tails-greeter writes
some instructions (env. variables, locale generation parameters smth else) to the
place writable for it's user ("Debian-gdm") for example. Upon logon some startup
script parse this file and execute them (as "amnesia" user or as root).

That'll be next thing I'll try to implement and that's actually what I'd like to discuss:

- how good\safe is this approach?
- are there better alternatives?

Note that at least some of the instructions from this file got to be executed with
root privileges. Just to clarify: by " executed" I don't mean "sh file.sh" - it might
be $ARG1 supplied to "sudo ls $ARG1".

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gdm-list/2011-August/msg00002.html

>>     replace 2 widgets with 1 panel with same functionality
>>     test the result with tails

> Sounds to me that the next step to this dev would be to implement a way to
> pass env variables too.

Not really sure what you mean. If you're talking about task priorities than - yes,
that's true. The tasks are orthogonal though.

> Another question: reading your commits, you removed the babel module
> importation. Do you plan to put it back, or are you just getting rid of
> it? In the latter case, you should also consider removing it from the
> install dependencies of the Debian package in debian/control.

That was just part of pylint warnings cleanup.
I didn't notice that it's completely gone now :)

cheers,
Max.