Re: [Tails-dev] merge doc-rework soon?

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] merge doc-rework soon?
Hi,

sajolida wrote (09 Jun 2011 13:20:49 GMT) :
> I admit I'm not sure about what this really implies. I tried on my
> local repo and did :

> $ git checkout master
> $ git merge doc-rework
> … fix and commit a little conflict

> The history of master now includes the commits from doc-rework. So I
> guess that's fine.

> I also did the merge in the other way: master into doc-rework. I guess
> it's good to have doc-rework refreshed from time to time.

It's good to do so from time to time, while working on doc-rework,
indeed. E.g. translations of pages you've moved might have been
improved.

> Shall I do git push origin master from my master branch, now ?

Depends on the next issue.

> About the changes we did on ikiwiki.setup three lines changed, see
> `git diff 7e6cfb7 ikiwiki.setup`.

Then you need to 1. ask the server admins (root@???) to do the
necessary changes; 2. wait for the confirmation they have indeed done
it; 3. push your master with doc-rework merged in.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>