[Tails-dev] [gsoc] logon options implementation

To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] [gsoc] logon options implementation
Hello.

There are 2 proposals submitted at https://tails.boum.org/todo/TailsGreeter/
regarding options which should be choose by user before logging in.

Since both are not implemented yet I'd like discussion on how we should implement them.

Let's presume that custom greeter for GDM is already working :-)

What do we do next?
Do we execute shell script? Set env. variable? Run binaries?

More general: what needs to be adjusted and how to interface those adjustments with
GDM's greeter?

Maybe somebody already working real hard on
[1] https://tails.boum.org/todo/localization_at_runtime/ and
[2] https://tails.boum.org/todo/better_root_access_control/ ?

Or maybe you have an idea of how and what should be done regarding it?

Please share.

cheers,
Max.