[T(A)ILS-dev] WiFi hotspots ports list

Author: intrigeri
To: Maxim Kammerer
CC: tails-dev
Subject: [T(A)ILS-dev] WiFi hotspots ports list
Hi Maxim,

(Cc' ing the public Tails development mailing list)

lurking at Liberté Linux' source for inspiration regarding our wifi
hotspots todo item [0], settings in your firewall somehow surprised
me:

    # Ports used by HotSpot registration pages
    hotspot=http,https,webcache,tproxy,3128,3660,8088,11523,58080,1024:65535

Can you please provide some kind of reference for this huge list of
ports? I've not traveled that much, but I never encountered any such
hotspot that needed access to anything but http and/or https ports.
On the other hand, one of course may argue Liberté Linux' allows
connecting to these ports only for a browser that is clearly
advertised as being unsafe, so... it could as well be authorized to
connect to any port actually.

[0] https://amnesia.boum.org/todo/add_support_for_free_wifi_hotspots

Bye, keep up with the good work!
--