Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] Image size issues

Author: intrigeri
To: The T\(A\)ILS public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] Image size issues
Hi,

anonym wrote (08 Jan 2011 15:36:03 GMT) :
> 08/01/11 16:29, intrigeri:
>>> * /var/lib/lists reduced massively, from 60 MB to just 16 MB (lots of
>>> redundancy in there apparently). This makes me question a bit if it's
>>> worth the additional hassle of having to apt-get update.

> I meant: since /var/lib/lists can be compressed pretty efficiently, only
> adding <16 MB to the image, and the lack of it introduces a lot of
> headache by having to apt-get update whenever we want to install
> something, perhaps it's not worth removing it?

My auto/config changes aimed at removing these indices were actually
buggy, and did not remove these indices at all. Recent size
information I emailed were thus flawed. So we're indeed at:

- 704MB with APT indices included
- 687MB without APT indices

We probably can find something other than APT indices to remove and
get the few last megabytes we need.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>