Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] Specification and security design document

Author: intrigeri
To: The T\(A\)ILS public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [T(A)ILS-dev] Specification and security design document
Hi,

tim smy wrote (15 Dec 2010 14:29:44 GMT) :
> Please say somewhere in the doc that each cd /version only lasts a
> few months. As for security reasons tor and other sotware is
> constanly being updated and made more secure.

Thank you for this suggestion that indicates we agree on the
background idea. On the other hand, since 0.4 T(A)ILS has been
notifying the user in case the running version is affected by security
flaws announced on our website.

Knowing so, do you still think we should make it explicit in the
end-user documentation? This might help reinforcing / explaining the
notification system.

No strong objection from my part, but I always try to avoid increasing
the end-user documentation size unless really needed, based on the
"the longer it is, the fewer people will read it" assumption.

Bye,
--
intrigeri <intrigeri@???>