[movimenti.bicocca] il Nobel per l'economia alla politologa …

Author: Tommaso Vitale
To: ML movimenti Bicocca
New-Topics: [movimenti.bicocca] FLEX-INSECURITY
Subject: [movimenti.bicocca] il Nobel per l'economia alla politologa Lin Ostrom
All of us at the Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis
would like to add our congratulations to Lin Ostrom for being selected
as a recipient of the 2009 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences. This
award is a well-deserved recognition of her pioneering research on the
ways in which communities throughout the world have creatively devised
methods to sustainably manage resources critical for their survival.
In wide-ranging research programs in collaboration with scholars and
students from many disciplines and countries, Lin has identified
conditions under which community self-organization can be successful
and highlighted potential threats to these arrangements. Her work has
revolutionized the way scholars and practitioners understand the
commons, in all of its myriad manifestations.

We encourage anyone interested in more information to read the prize
committee’s excellent overviews of the contributions of these new
laureates, with versions for the general public at

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economics/laureates/2009/info.pdf

and for the scientific community at

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economics/laureates/2009/
ecoadv09.pdf.

Pictures of the winners at

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economics/laureates/2009/

Lin's press conference at

http://broadcast.iu.edu/ceremon/Nobel/index.html

Digital Library of the Commons: http://dlc.dlib.indiana.edu/dlc/

Papers and books: http://www.indiana.edu/~workshop/

tommaso

Tommaso Vitale
Dipartimento di Sociologia e della Ricerca Sociale
Università di Milano Bicocca

via Bicocca degli Arcimboldi, 8
20126 Milano

tel: ++39.02 6448 7477

skype: tomvita

CV and webpage:
http://www.sociologiadip.unimib.it/dipartimento/ricerca/scheda.php?idUser=136

New book:
www.carocci.it/politichepossibili

New issue of the Scientific Journal "Partecipazione e conflitto":
http://www.francoangeli.it/Riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=152