[cm-Roma] fwd: bikers from Rome (Italy) are looking for you!

Author: occhio\.nero\@libero\.it
To: cm cm
CC: romapedala romapedala
Subject: [cm-Roma] fwd: bikers from Rome (Italy) are looking for you!
ciao a voi
vi rigiro l'email spedita al webmaster del sito http://tracks4bikers.com/

con l'intenzione di creare un sito che collezioni i percorsi in bici nella nostra città.

se qualcuno è interessato ad approfondire la faccenda o a tradurre il mio inglese maccheronico, si faccia vivo!
:-)

Federico
hai voluto i percorsi ciclabili? e mo' pedala!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hi
i'm very interested in your http://tracks4bikers.com/ site.

I used it every time I need to plan my ride.
thank you very much.
You are Great!
I live in Rome (Italy) and I participate every monty to the local Critical Mass http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass
(look at www.ciemmona.org to know something about our yearly international appointment in Rome)

Rome is a beautiful town (maybe the best in the world! :-) ) but It's not good at all for bikers.
There are so few ridiculos cyclepaths along the streets, a lot of hills and too much traffic.
here, at the moment, bike life style is quite dangerous and unpleasant.
:-(

But we love our city and our bikes, We believe in another way to move (reducing traffic, pollution, stress...) .... so we'd like to create a site map where collect all the suggested paths to help people intentioned to get a bike for every day movement (going to office, to have fun,... ).
In addiction, the elevation profile is very useful to save energy in a town with several hills like Rome.

In this way, We'd like to encourage people to discovery bike, and discovery the town with bike!

We 'd like to share our experience, tracking safe and nice path either cutting the entire town (for an overall approach, helping people in long distances) or located in small area (useful to go for shopping, carrying son to school,..)

To do this, We'd like to build something like your site. A virtual place using google maps, where everyone can upload your suggested path, but with someone of ours available to organize all the paths.

Infact, we alreay have a "similar" website http://www.criticalmap.org/ but all the informations aren't filtered or selected. Too much caos. So, it's not easy to find what you are looking for.

We are thinking about a guided tour to bring people from an overall approach of the town to a detailed one.
A site where you can find master paths either passing along the entire region to connect opposite cardinal points) or following a circulare shape (to connect side by side suburbs).
It also would be useful to have several folders to organize thematic path (for instance, a folder for cultural bike paths along the millions of historical places in Rome).

Actually, I don't know If you are still reading my long email.
:-)
If so, I don't know if you may help us.

May you give some suggestion how to create a website similar to yours? Is it too difficult to "explain"? Are there websites where We can study the "site architecture"?
Otherwise, could you host our paths?

thanks in advance

:-)

Federico Occhionero