[Badgirlz-list] Imagining Ourselves: Young Men (call 4 submi…

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list, helena-info
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Imagining Ourselves: Young Men (call 4 submission)
Ricevo e inoltro

[NextGenderation]
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear members of this list,

Although I have been on this list for a while now, I
haven't posted anything before, until this morning. My
new involvement with the 'Imagining Ourselves' exhibit
forces me to step forward. Which is a good thing, I
suppose.

As a man, I have been involved with feminism, women's
studies and activism for about 15 years now.
Currently, I'm trying to establish myself as an
independent gender trainer and consultant, with a very
special interest for the relatieon between masculinity
and violence.

Recently, I have been invited to join the editorial
team of 'Imagining Ourselves', which will focus on
Young Men in January and February 2007. I took it up
to try and collect submissions from men who are more
or less related to the worlds of feminism and
activism; those worlds that I am more or less familiar
with.

My request is, thus, to spread this mail to those men
in your surroundings who might want and be able to
submit some work for the online exhibit about Young
Men. Below this message you find a letter with some
more information, attached to this message is the
'Call For Submissions'.

When you forward this message, please cc. me as well.
It will give me the opportunity to track who are being
contacted, and to further contact people myself as
well.

Thank you very much!

Jens van Tricht

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jens van
Tricht and I am a curator for the Imagining Ourselves
exhibit, a global, multilingual online exhibit
featuring art, photographs, essays and film by young
women (and soon men!) in their twenties and thirties.
In November-December 2006 we will be focusing on the
theme War and Dialogue, followed by the theme Young
Men for January and February, asking them “What
defines your generation of men?” We are trying to open
up a space on our site for dialogue and discussion.

In regards to the Young Men theme, we are hoping to
focus on Relationships, Image & Identity, Culture &
Conflict, Fatherhood and Work. I am especially
interested in finding more work about “Relationships”
(romantic or otherwise) If you have a story to tell,
images to share, a voice that wants to be heard, we
welcome your submission. We accept film, audio, images
and text. Get to know our online exhibit by going to
www.imow.org and clicking on the Imagining Ourselves
exhibit. Read stories, view artwork and film and
listen to music and spoken word from the many young
women from all around the world.

Here are a few of examples to illustrate what this
might look like:

Missing Cambodia by Loung Ung
Badmash Animation by Breakthrough India
Celtic Raag by Pireeni Sundaralinham and Colm O’Riain
Open Letter to the Girls of Soldiers by Ishle Yi Park
Lost in Space by Giada Ripa di Meana

Please let me know whether this is something you would
be interested in, or if there’s any other artists you
could recommend that I could get in touch with. I can
send you our official call for submission and an
electronic flyer.

Thank you! I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Jens van Tricht
j.vantricht@???