[Hackmeeting] [Fwd: USB port Cell Phone Hack.]

Author: jilt
To: hackmeeting
Subject: [Hackmeeting] [Fwd: USB port Cell Phone Hack.]

ciao segaioli

-------------------------- Messaggio originale ---------------------------

USB port Cell Phone Hack.

First i want to say, i am not responsible for any damage to your phone,
expressed or implied, simply because this is a diy tutorial. USE THIS
TUTORIAL AT YOUR OWN RISK!

That being said, let's get on with it.

I want to thank pinouts.ru for having a vast amount of information
regarding pinouts for many items. hopefully you will be able to find the
information you need.
I also want to thank bitpim.org for having the software needed to access
my phone. With it you can transfer your phone book, pictures, and even
custom made ring tones, along with other stuff.

I did this hack for two reasons, first, i didnt want to buy a usb cable
for my phone. call me "cheap" but i did not see a reason to spend
$30-$50 on a cable that i wouldnt use that often. second, theres no
reason for me to spend $15/month for internet access on my phone, when i
am only spending $10/mo for service. but still i wanted the freedom to
take pictures with the phone and still be able to get the pictures off
of it.

more...
http://linkme2.net/ab

--