[Hackmeeting] Verisign Chip Cloning

Author: Matteo G.P. Flora
To: hackmeeting
Subject: [Hackmeeting] Verisign Chip Cloning

n brief: Verichip markets their product for access control. This means
that you could have a chip implanted, and then your front door would
unlock when your shoulder got close to the reader. Let us imagine that
you did this; then, I could sit next to you on the subway, and read
your chip's ID. This takes less than a second. At this point I can let
myself in to your house, by replaying that ID. So now you have to
change your ID; but as far as I know, you cannot do this without
surgery.

All of this relates to an article that Annalee Newitz wrote for Wired.
I would not have looked at these parts otherwise; the Verichip is
built with no attempt at security, and is therefore not very special
to clone. The designers of this product must be aware that an attack
like I outline below is possible....

http://cq.cx/vchdiy.pl

--
Matteo G.P. Flora | mf@??? | www.MatteoFlora.com
Direttore Tecnico Osservatorio Permanente Privacy e Sicurezza (OPSI)