[Badgirlz-list] Trans-Forming Feminism Conference

Author: Errata
To: badgirlz-list
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Trans-Forming Feminism Conference

Trans-Forming Feminism Conference:

Call for Proposals

The 3rd Annual Trans-Forming Feminism Conference is
currently in its planning stages. This one-day
conference
is to be held at the State University of New York at
New
Paltz (SUNY New Paltz) on April 22, 2006.

We are looking to create a conference that will
explore
the issues connecting and dividing the Transgender and
Feminist communities. We want to address the fears,
myths,
and misunderstandings that often keep these movements
from
building coalitions together, as well as the bridges
that
stand firm in connecting these movements. We want to
hear
lots of different voices, for as we all know, there is
no
one voice that speaks for everyone.

We are looking for new, innovative, dynamic,
refreshing,
and honest proposals for workshops, papers, panels,
and
performance pieces. We are especially interested in
receiving proposals that further explore the
gender-queer
community, multi and pan sexual communities, the
exploitation of race, class, ableism and the queer and
feminist communities, third wave feminism and its
interactions with other feminist roots, the "not trans
enough" phenomenon, trans-phobia within the
feminist-lesbian communities and any and all relevant
films.

The deadline for submitting proposals is February 18,
2006.

PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:

FOR EACH WORKSHOP:
-A one page description of presentation, including how
it
relates to the conference theme, and the topics and
activities the presentation will include, as well as
any
relevant experience of presenter(s). -Specific format
of
workshop/presentation (lecture with question and
answer,
discussion group, brief presentation with
discussion/activity, etc.). -A 100 word or less
abstract
of presentation for use in the conference program.

FOR EACH PRESENTER:
-Preferred name
-Mailing address
-Phone
-E-mail address
-A 50 word or less biography for use in the conference
program.
-Funds requested for travel reimbursement -Funds
requested
for lodging reimbursement -Funds requested for
materiel's
reimbursement -Funds requested for honorarium -Any
special
needs/considerations -Social security number and legal
name (only for presenters requesting funds- required
by
State University of New York from all individuals
applying
to receive funding, non-US residents must include
comparative identification code. To give SS.. over
phone
please contact Kris at 603-566-3489)

Proposals can be E-Mailed to:
transformfeminism@???