[Badgirlz-list] Late Abortion: A Review of the Evidence

Author: Errata
Subject: [Badgirlz-list] Late Abortion: A Review of the Evidence

-----Original Message-----

Mailing from Pro-Choice Forum
A research-based review about late abortion in
Britain, Late Abortion:
Review of the Evidence is now available on the PCF
website
www.prochoiceforum.org.uk

It covers the following issues:

Abortion at 20 weeks or more: trends and statistics;
Abortion methods
in the
second trimester; Why women have late abortions; Fetal
sentience and
the
neurobiology of pain; Fetal viability; Antenatal
screening for
chromosome,
structural and genetic abnormalities; Termination of
pregnancy after
prenatal diagnosis of fetal abnormality; Continental
legislation on
abortion; Abortion in late pregnancy: legal issues.

Contributors are:

Dr Steve Clements, Research Fellow, Centre for Sexual
Health Research,
University of Southampton; Zoe Coward, Senior Press
Officer, bpas;
David
Paintin FRCOG, Emeritus Reader in obstetrics and
gynaecology, Imperial
College School of Medicine; Kate Paterson, Consultant
in Community
Gynaecology, St Mary's Hospital Paddington; Dr Ellie
Lee, Lecturer in
Social
Policy, University of Kent; Dr Stuart Derbyshire,
Assistant Professor
of
Radiology and Anesthesiology University of Pittsburgh
Medical Center;
Dr
Rodney Rivers, Reader in Paediatrics, Imperial College
Faculty of
Medicine,
Ellen Raphael, who is Programme Manager, Sense About
Science, Laura
Riley,
Director, Progress Educational Trust; Joanie
Dimavicius, Former
Director,
Antenatal Results and Choices; John Gillott, Policy
Officer, Genetic
Interest Group; Helen Statham, Senior Research
Associate, Centre for
Family
Research, University of Cambridge; Dilys Cossey OBE,
Secretary,
Abortion Law
Reform Association 1964-68 and Manager,
Parliamentarians' Project,
International Planned Parenthood Federation 1995-2000;
Professor Sally
Sheldon, Department of Law, University of Keele

Over the coming months, we aim to distribute the
review as widely as
possible, and organise discussion about the issues it
covers where we
can.
So please let others know about it. And also please
make a donation to
Pro-Choice Forum. We have no source of funding other
than what people
donate, and we really need your help to make the most
of Late Abortion:
Review of the Evidence.

Make cheques to Pro Choice Network and send to 7
Dinerman Court 38-42
Boundar Road, London NW8 0HQ.

---------------------------
Papers and presentations given at events organised by
Pro-Choice Forum
are
available on Pro-Choice Forum website at
www.prochoiceforum.org.uk In
addition, the site has space for reviews (books or
events), space to
advertise forthcoming events (please let me know of
any events you
would
like to advertise there) and space for comment about
relevant issues.

Pro-Choice Forum hopes the site will be used as a
research resource,
but
that it can also provide a mechanism for those with a
particular
research
interest in abortion issues to communicate their ideas
and views to
others.
To this end, if you have reviews or commentaries for
the site, please
mail
them to me and they can be added to it.

_