[Cerchio] NY polizia impedisce ai manifestanti di raggiunger…

Author: Emiliano Bussolo
Subject: [Cerchio] NY polizia impedisce ai manifestanti di raggiungere il luogo del raduno
Hi all -- We just wanted to let you all know that despite the pathetic
news coverage, the situation in NYC today was pretty incredible -- police
everywhere prevented people from going east towards the demonstration at the UN. We
saw police in riot gear and on horseback, pressing against crowds of people in
efforts to disperse them. We saw one policeman violently throw a protestor
against an aluminum door. One of our friends was maced, another was hit by
a police baton, as they attempted to get within several blocks of the
protest site. Most of the news coverage says that 100,000 people showed up for the
rally, but doesn't mention the determined force that the city sent out to
the streets to stop people from getting there.

There is a silent majority here in the United States who does not support
President Bush's war. We are not being given a voice and our protests are
going unheard. Please try to make your opinions heard in your countires,
as we feel powerless. Thank you for your help.

Love,
Jill and Brian