[pragmatique] GNUnet-texinfo (Re: GNUnet)

Author: ng0
To: pragmatique
Subject: [pragmatique] GNUnet-texinfo (Re: GNUnet)
Hi,

Catonano transcribed 6.6K bytes:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Catonano transcribed 1.9K bytes:

> > documentation/web

> > be

> > > Ok, I was missing this
> > > http://git.pragmatique.xyz/gnunet-texinfo/log.html

> > Almost, the upstream is at https://gnunet.org/git/gnunet-texinfo.git/,
> > the git at this side is just a copy.
> > We can work on either side, or completely without servers as git was
> > meant to be decentralized.
> > The basic task is: GNUnet documentation was exported from the books
> > in Drupal to texinfo. This includes lots of errors, this is normal for
> > exports. The idea Christian had is to include the documentation offline,
> > online and in multiple formats. PDF conversion no longer throws fatal
> > errors, html conversion does.
> > There used to be images, I want them with alt-text in html exports and
> > however this works in pdf.
> > I wanted to work texts today, moving my music production day to sunday
> > this week, so I will upload a better description of this task today,
> > so far there are just offlist emails of Christian and myself.
> >

> I have some naive questions
>
> I tried to build the html target
>

>    1. there are some lines like this
>    ./installation.texi:1157: Node `Update' previously defined (in
>    ./installation.texi l. 791)
>    is this an error ?

Yes

>    2. There are lines like this
>    ./installation.texi:1: warning: Node following `GNUnet Installation
>    Handbook' in menu `Using GNUnet' and in sectioning `Dependencies' differ
>    I'm not sure what this is talking about
>    I don't understand what the error is and how I am supposed to fix it
>    An example (suitable for a 4 years old) would be appreciated.
>    If you show me the way for one of these warnings, I can infer the
>    solutions for all of them

see below

>    3. some lines have garbled characters, like this
>    ./installation.texi:22: warning: nodo «Dependencies» non referenziato
>    Is there a character encoding issue ? Can I do anything about this ?

Oh! Okay, this is new for me.

> Thanks in advance

Thanks for trying to get started with this :)

Basically your guess is as good as mine, I don't have any big insights
into texinfo debugging (yet). At least none which go beyond what you
can learn by doing some basic documentation in Guix.
I can't really comment on the issues now, I will come back to it either
later today or this week.
My recommendation is what I do: look at doc/guix.texi (which is structured
comparable but not equal) and understand how relations in texinfo work.

My intention was this layout:

GNUnet documentation [one file]
- sources other files which then become chapters
(developer.texi -> "GNUnet developing")
Problem: there is a limited[0] number of sections,
we have to find a way to work around that.
- titles are unique
- First GNUnet is introduced, then installation is
covered, users are next and then developers
(I think I have the structure already).

0: https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/_0040subsubsection.html

I hope this helps for now, I'll reply with more info soon.
--
https://pragmatique.xyz
PGP: https://people.pragmatique.xyz/ng0/