Re: [pragmatique] status update 2017-04-12

Author: ng0
To: pragmatique
Subject: Re: [pragmatique] status update 2017-04-12
Hi, corretions.

I'll also put most of the decisions into rfcs once it's all worked out.

ng0 transcribed 3.8K bytes:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm still mostly on a coding hiatus for I need to do this crazy thing
> which you'd consider starting a company if it was for-profit.
> But it isn't for-profit.
>
> I believe and understand alternatives are possible, and currently I'm:
> - looking into _sane_ maintainer models of companies or groups which
>   have been around long enough, and evaluating them.
> - looking into possible non-profit organization models we could choose
>   and document them. Evaluate based on the country. The goal is to:
>   - support the vision and work. support the infrastructure.
>     pay fair wages to fulltime or otherwise contract involved people
>     later on. other stuff. The bottom line is work for the public.

I'm doing much work at the same time currently. I messed up.
The basic idea was that I learn about collective, syndicate and how they
can be legally applied in Germany. Then there is the concern about
donations, etc. I don't necessarily want the textbook definition of
non-profit: Working for fair wages without getting attached to
problematic funding models (spying on users and invading their privacy
is off the table), while being able to receive donations + funding for
civic tech work etc. All while I am currently living in Germany (where
odd restrictions might or might not apply).