[Dna-dev] Some ideas for the next version

Author: littlejohn
Subject: [Dna-dev] Some ideas for the next version
On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 06:15:52PM +0100, Tx0 wrote:
> > I'm not sure if it would improve the performance to have a database or if we can
> > do with simple files.
>
> It's possible, I'm not saying it's not possible. But we must than
> consider a lot more of basic programming like file locking for
> syncronization of data base. SQL does this for us in this phase. May be
> in the future we can choose a plain file solution.

maybe xml + xpath + xquery (and i'm sure perl has all the libraries
needed) would be a good compromise between a database and a plain text
file. With a few domains (<10k) this is a good solution in terms of perfomance
and overhead, but if we think about 10k domains (or obviously more) a
database server is better for overall system responsiveness. imho.

cheers,
lj